How to fix Windows 10 error 0070422
The Windows Firewall is a great way to protect your PC from malicious applications and users. Unfortunately, Windows Firewall can sometimes have errors, and speaking of errors, here are some of the most common errors reported by users:
- Windows 10 Error Code 0070422 – This error may occur on your Windows 10 computer and prevent your firewall from working properly. However, you should be able to solve this problem with one of our solutions.
- Windows Firewall cannot change some of your settings Error code 0070424 – This error can sometimes occur when you try to change some of your firewall settings. This can be caused by malware. Therefore, make sure you run a detailed malware scan.
- Another problem that may occur is that Windows Firewall is not activated or started. To fix this, make sure the required services are working properly.
- Windows Firewall is disabled – Several users have reported that their Windows Firewall is disabled. This is a strange problem that can occur due to a corrupted Windows installation.
- Windows Firewall cannot change settings – If you cannot change Windows Firewall settings, the problem may be a corrupted file or some other issue. However, you can solve this problem by performing a system restore.
- Windows Firewall does not work – In some cases, Windows Firewall does not work at all. This can be a major security risk. To solve this problem, don’t forget to try some of our solutions.
Solution 1 – Scan the PC for malware
If you keep getting the error 0070422 when you try to open Windows Firewall, the problem may be due to a malware infection. Some malware can prevent Windows Firewall from opening, but you can fix this by running a detailed system scan.
If you don’t have an antivirus program, you can use Bitdefender, BullGuard or Panda Antivirus. All of these programs offer excellent security and should be able to protect you from any malware threat.
After scanning your PC with one of these tools, the problem should be solved and you should be able to access Windows Firewall without any problems. Several users have suggested using Microsoft’s scanner to scan for malware, so you should try that too.
Solution2 – Use Microsoft’sutility to fix the errors.
If you get error 0070422 when you try to run Windows Firewall, you may be able to fix the problem with Microsoft’s Fix it utility. Microsoft is aware of this problem and has released a utility called Fix it that can help you. To fix the problem, download and run the Fix it program.
Follow the instructions on the screen and the tool will automatically fix your firewall problem.
Solution 3 – Change Windows update settings
- Open the Settings application.
- Click on Update and Repair.
- Left-click on the Select update installation method option.
- Activate the Important updates option.
- Set the Recommended Updates option to both recommended updates and important updates.
- Click Apply to save your changes.
Note that this solution only works for Windows 8 and 8.1.
Solution 4 – Make sure the Windows Firewall service is running
If you get error 0070422 when trying to use Windows Firewall, the problem may be with your services. Windows Firewall requires certain services to be enabled to function properly, and you can enable these services by following these steps:
- Press Windows + R and type services.msc. Now press Enter or OK.
- When the Services window opens, locate the Windows Defender firewall and double-click on it.
- Make sure the autostart type is set to Automatic and that the service is running. Now click Apply and OK to save your changes.
Once this service is enabled, you can easily start and configure Windows Defender.
Run a system check for errors
Press Start Scan to find problems with Windows.
Press Repair Everything to fix problems with proprietary technologies.
Run a PC scan with Restoro Repair Tool to find errors that cause security problems and slowdowns. Once the scan is complete, the repair process replaces the damaged files with new files and Windows components.
In addition to the Windows Defender firewall service, it is recommended to configure the Windows Update service and the Intelligent Transfer service in the background. To solve this problem, do the following:
frequently asked questions
How can I correct error 0070422?
Tag ‘ fix-windows-update-e…
How do I solve the problem that Windows Firewall cannot change some settings?
What is error code 0070424?
how to dismantle a window and a firewall….
Feedback,0x80070422 firewall windows 7how to enable windows firewall service in windows 10windows firewall can’t change some of your settings error code 0x80070437error code 0x80070422 windows defendererror code 0x80070422 windows 10 firewallwindows firewall can’t change some of your settings error code 0x80070424,People also search for,error code 0x80070422 windows 10 firewall,windows firewall can’t change some of your settings error code 0x80070424,0x80070422 firewall windows 7,windows firewall missing from services.msc windows 10,windows firewall error code 0x8007042c windows 10,how to enable windows firewall service in windows 10,windows firewall can’t change some of your settings error code 0x80070437,error code 0x80070422 windows defender