Windows 10 is Microsoft’s best operating system compared to the previous versions of Windows 8.1 and 7. Amazing new features, improved security, optimized speed and more. In Windows 10, Microsoft also makes the installation of updates automatic. This means that when a Windows 10 computer system is connected to a Microsoft server on the Internet, it automatically receives the latest Windows updates. The PC owner can also encounter the problem of on-demand updates by opening the Settings application, going to the Updates and Security section and clicking on the Check for Updates button. However, some users report that the Windows update cannot be installed while another installation of Windows 10 is running, or that we cannot install certain updates because other updates are being installed. Error while checking for Windows updates.
Some updates cannot be installed because other updates are in progress. Rebooting the computer may help, and we will continue to try to …. update.
This error usually means that Windows is working on previous updates that may not have been installed correctly. This happens mainly when the files of Microsoft’s installation service (msiserver) are damaged and Windows blocks the installation of other updates, even if they are not currently installed. As a result, the user cannot install feature updates.
Window Troubleshooting 10.
If you also get this error message when installing updates Some updates cannot be installed because other updates are in progress Apply the following solutions to resolve the issue. Start with the basic solution Simply restart your Windows computer. And check again for the latest updates available on
- Windows + I to open the settings
- Tap Updates and Security
- Windows Update, and then click Check for updates.
If you still get the same error message, perform the next step.
Troubleshooting Windows Update
Microsoft has released the official Windows Update Troubleshooter tool that removes Windows Update related temporary files, clears the contents of the software distribution folder, repairs and resets Windows Update components, checks the status of Windows Update related services, checks for pending updates, etc. It solves most of the problems related to downloading and installing Windows 10 Update.
You can download and run the Windows Update troubleshooter directly from the official website, or you can run it from the Settings program by following the steps below.
- Press Windows + I to open the Settings application,
- Click Refresh and Security, and then Refresh Window,
- Search for and select Windows Update,
- Then click on Run Troubleshooter,
- Let a troubleshooter find and fix the problems that prevent you from installing Windows updates.
- Once the process is complete, restart Windows and check again for updates.
Restart the Windows installation service
Sometimes some recovery or uninstallation processes run automatically in the background and require the Windows Installer service to be running. If you try to install other software while the Windows installer is running, this error occurs. One of the easiest ways to solve this problem is to restart the Windows Installer service.
- Press Windows + R, type services.msc and ok.
- Scroll down and find the Windows Setup Service.
- Right-click on the Windows Installer service and select Restart.
Registering the Windows Installer service again
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager.
- Then click on the Services tab and scroll down to the msiserver service you found.
- Right-click and select Stop.
Then open a command prompt as administrator. To do this, type cmd into the Start menu search bar, select Command Prompt, right-click on it and select Run as Administrator.
Enter the following commands in order and press Enter to execute the command:
Then open Task Manager -> Services -> right-click again on the msiserver service and click Start. Now restart the Windows computer and check for Windows updates. Hopefully this will solve the problem of installing updates. Some updates cannot be installed because other updates are being installed.
Registry Editor Tweak
You can also configure the Windows Registry Editor to resolve the error when installing updates We cannot install some updates because other updates are installed in Windows 10.
- Press Windows + R, type regedit and ok to open the Windows Registry editor,
- Registry backup database, then go to the following path
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlSession Manager
- Right-click on the registry entry PendingFileRenameOperations (REG_MULTI_SZ).
- Then select Delete and press Yes to confirm.
- Close the registration window and restart the windows
- Now check for updates, hopefully there are no problems installing Windows updates this time.
Reset Windows Update Components
Some users suggest resetting Windows Update components and deleting old update files to force Windows Update to download and install new update files from Microsoft’s server. This can solve problems with installing Windows updates, for example. B. We cannot install some updates because other updates are installed.
Open a command prompt as an administrator and stop the following Windows services (Windows Update and Background Intelligent Transfer Service) using the command below.
- net stop wuauserv
- Stop bits
And minimize the command line window.
- Now open C:WindowsSoftwareDistributionDownload.
- Use the key combination Ctrl + A to select all,
- Then press Delete key to delete all files in the download folder.
Open the command line window again and run the following command Restart the previously stopped Windows services.
- Starting the wuauserv network
- Network Starter Bits
Then restart Windows and check for Windows updates. Hopefully this time the time window will install the updates without errors.
Here is a short video on troubleshooting another installation in Windows 10.
Also read :
to report this message
Feedback,windows update troubleshooterwindows update assistantugetfixhow to fix elevated permissions are required to run dismwindows 10 can t install updates because other updates are in progresswe couldn’t install some updates because the pc was turned off,People also search for,windows 10 can t install updates because other updates are in progress,windows update troubleshooter,we couldn’t install some updates because the pc was turned off,windows update is currently installing other updates,we have detected that a windows update is in progress,windows update assistant,ugetfix,how to fix elevated permissions are required to run dism