RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance.
You may not be able to hear the group chat in the Xbox Gaming Dashboard if your gamepad or LAN/Headphone drivers are corrupted. Improper configuration of the sound equipment can also cause the above error.
Users experience an issue when trying to use group chat, but cannot hear other players, even though the system/game sounds work fine. Some users could not even use the microphone during group discussions. In some cases, the problem is limited to one or two games.
Some experienced users on the Microsoft forum have stated that if nothing happens when you press Win + G, you should check the box in the Xbox Game Bar settings. However, if you find that the Xbox game console is activated, we have listed other possible solutions below.
Why can’t you hear the game chat on the Xboxgame console?
There are several reasons why you may have problems with the Xbox Game Bar. Some of them are:
- Outdated/faulty drivers.
- The audio device is not configured correctly.
- Xbox game console defective.
- Incorrect time and date settings, etc.
The Xbox Game Bar is a powerful tool that can be used for more than just communication. Microsoft has implemented a number of other features that allow players to take screenshots, record gameplay, enable game mode, monitor FPS, CPU/GPU usage, and more. However, as with all software, problems cannot be avoided.
This is how you fix the problem of not being able to hear the group chat on the Xboxgame console.
April 2021 Update:
We now recommend that you use this tool to fix the error. The tool also repairs common computer errors, protects against file loss, malware and hardware failures, and optimizes your PC for optimal performance. With this software, you can fix computer problems quickly and prevent others from getting them:
- Step 1: Download the PC repair and optimization utility (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step Two: Click on the Start scan button to detect problems in the Windows registry that may be causing PC problems.
- Step Three: Click the Fix All button to fix all issues.
Xbox Game Card Activation
- Open the Start -> Settings menu.
- Go to Games -> In the Xbox Game Bar category, activate it (the very first shift key).
- Go to Recordings and enable background audio/video according to your preferences.
- Then click on Game Mode -> Activate.
- Finally, try restarting the party chat to see if the problem is resolved or not.
Xbox Game Console Repair
- If your Xbox Game Bar installation is corrupt or missing, you may encounter several problems.
- Therefore, a simple repair of the Xbox Game Bar installation can completely solve the problem.
- Press Win + I to open the Windows settings menu.
- Click on Apps -> Scroll down under the category Apps -> Features.
- Now click on the Xbox game box in the list of applications.
- Click on Advanced Settings -> A new page opens.
- Scroll down a bit and click on the Restore button under the Reset option.
- Then open the Xbox game console again to check the problem.
- If the problem persists, try the same steps and click Reset under the Reset option.
- Finally, try restarting the game bar.
Setting the time zone to automatic.
The Xbox Game Bar may not work properly if your system’s time zone is not set to automatic, as this may cause synchronization issues between the server and client. To set to Automatic :
- Right-click the system time on the right-hand side of the taskbar.
- Click Change Date and Time -> If the time zone is set automatically, deactivate it.
- Now set the correct time zone manually.
- You can then activate the option Set time zone automatically.
- Restart the computer and check that the time zone is set correctly.
- When you see the Sync Now option, click it.
- Finally, check the problem with the game bar.
Use a standard I/O device
You may not be able to hear Xbox Party Chat if your audio output is not set to headphones. Switching the audio output to headphones may solve the problem. However, users report that they need to change the audio output each time they continue to start a group chat.
- Click on the Start menu -> Go to Settings.
- Open System -> Click on Sound in the left pane.
- Select the Audio Control Panel option in the right pane -> Right click on the first audio device in the Playback tab.
- Now select Test to check whether the headset plays audio.
- If not, check all audio devices listed one by one.
- Regardless of which audio device is playing, right-click on the device.
- Click Set as Default Communication Device.
- Then right-click on the device -> Select Set as Default Device.
- Go to the Recording tab -> Try speaking through the headset microphone to test it.
- If the green bar picks up during a call, right-click on it.
- Select the device as the default communication device and the default device.
- Then check if the problem with the Xbox game console is solved.
- Right-click on Start and select Settings
- Go to Upgrade and Security
- Select Troubleshooting from the left side.
- On the right side you should see a list of all the debuggers. If not, select the Advanced Troubleshooting option.
- Click Play Audio and select Perform Troubleshooting.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to diagnose Windows errors and optimize system performance.
frequently asked questions
frequently asked questions
Can’t you hear the Xbox Game Bar participants?
Windows Forum by en-us
Why is my microphone not working on the Xbox party?
Why can my friends hear me on the Xbox and I can’t?
Forum ‘ xba_console ‘ on the…
Feedback,can’t hear party chat xbox pccan’t hear friends in xbox party chat pcxbox game bar can’t hear party pcxbox game bar party chat no audioxbox one party chat can’t hear friendxbox game bar can’t hear party reddit,People also search for,xbox game bar can’t hear party but they can hear me,can’t hear party chat xbox pc,can’t hear friends in xbox party chat pc,xbox game bar can’t hear party pc,xbox one can’t hear party but they can hear me,xbox game bar party chat no audio,xbox one party chat can’t hear friend,xbox game bar can’t hear party reddit